Books for the wine lover
Berry Bros. & Rudd Press published its first book in 2010 and is developing a list of “neccessary books” for the wine-lover in traditional and electronic formats. Watch this page for forthcoming titles.
Jasper Morris’s award-winning classic was first published in English in 2010. It won the André Simon prize for Wine Book of the Year, and was widely acclaimed by reviewers and the wine world. The Japanese edition was published in November 2012; French and Chinese editions are in preparation.
Available now from bbr.com.
Inside Burgundy becomes a complete interactive library for the iPad. Now available are Côte de Beaune, Côte de Nuits and The Annual Report. These will be followed by Chablis, the Mâconnais, the Chalonnais and – created new for the iPad – Beaujolais.
• Superb interactive maps: zoom into close-up, move around with a finger-tip. Live links take you to the text on grands crus and premiers crus
• Videos take you right into the vineyards with Jasper Morris
• Hundreds of colour photographs from two top Burgundy photographers portray the world-famous vineyards and the people who make the wines
• Highlight text, make your own notes – invaluable for building up a personal library of cellar information and tasting impressions
• A Glossary by Jasper Morris explains key terms at the tap of a finger
• The iPad’s light weight and portability make the interactive eBook edition of Inside Burgundy an invaluable companion on visits to the region.
• New in Côte de Nuits are highly-detailed plans showing ownership of some of the area’s top vineyards, researched personally by the author.
Jasper Morris’ unequalled survey of Burgundy vintages dating back 100 years, updated and extended to cover the first news of the 2012 harvest. He introduces this with chapters on the weather and on appreciating burgundy. New in this version are Jasper’s full tasting notes on four unique and extensive tastings: the 2009 wines, red and white, at three years on; the 2002s at ten years old; and the 1992s after 20 years.
Jasper’s Annual Report will be published every autumn.